Sunday, March 25, 2007

I can walk!

I took a walk today and brought the camera along with me. I didn't know where I was going when I started out and ended up inside St. Joseph's Oratory, which houses the tomb of Brother André. Danica and I had gone to mass at St. Joseph's when we first got to Montreal in August, but I had never snooped around the place until today. Really amazing experience. This first picture is from the walk up to the oratory.


I somehow got lost while I was inside, as the place is gigantic, and ended up in the room in which Brother André's tomb is found. This statue is directly on top of the tomb, which can be seen by going around the back.


In this same room there are about eight or so of these racks which hold the canes and crutches of those healed by Brother André.


And here is a view of Montreal from the top of the oratory.


All in all a nice walk.

No comments: