Saturday, November 10, 2007

...

Quelle sorte d'espèce biologique stupide détruit elle-même ?

On another yet related note, I just finished reading Cormac McCarthy's The Road and, I hate to say it, I don't really understand the hype. I was really looking forward to getting sucked into the book, since a few people with trusted taste in fiction recommended it, but it never happened. The whole time I was reading it I kept thinking to myself, "I wish J.M. Coetzee were writing this, he'd do such a better job at it, like those especially harsh bits in Life and Times of Michael K." This is the first book by Cormac McCarthy that I have read. The Road made me feel like I was reading a "junior fiction" book with some gore here and there. Really a letdown. If I am missing something please let me know. I just don't see it.

No comments: