Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Debout les forçats de la faim!

I do want to write. I have been reading and "thinking hard," as elementary school teachers say, nonstop of late and need to write to try to work some things out. The problem is that arbitrarily choosing one 'topic' on which to write does violence to that topic itself and all of the rest of the topics that must wait their turn. All of the various things that I have been thinking over are so intertwined that I can't seem to find a way to abstract one from the whole long enough to come up with something coherent to say about it.

If I try to say one word I feel as though I'll have to say every word in order to do that first word justice.

This is a pathetic excuse, I know. I'll try to write something of substance soon.

But in the meantime:

Palestinians have broken out of the blockade! Hell yeah! (More here.) It'll be really interesting to see how Egypt will react in the long run, seeing as they've been the Israeli government's handmaiden in their oppression of Palestinians, but in the meantime the Palestinians crossing over into Egypt haven't been sent back.

I'm not looking forward to seeing the rhetorical gymnastics the dittoheads in the media will use to try paint the Palestinians in a bad light because of this.

No comments: