Thursday, August 14, 2008

Charity

I'm not supposed to buy any beer this month because I bought new headphones last month. But I really wanted some and so, seeing as I had in my possession one Loonie and one Toonie, I took a walk to the IGA to find the biggest, cheapest, most alcohol-laden beer possible. On the way to the store an eighteen-ish-year-old thugged-out kid tapped me on the shoulder and told me that I dropped a five-dollar bill.

"Is this some sort of test?" I asked. He looked at me blankly for a few seconds. "I mean, thanks!"

So instead of my original $3 I now had a whopping $8 to spend on beer! As it says in Malaleuca 15:9, "God works in mysterious ways."

2 comments:

Camp Tiger Claw said...

After getting my third bike flat tire in 2 weeks, I pulled over to put at least enough air to pedal home as fast as I could without my wheel falling off.

I found a $10 bill on the ground in front of the air pump. This was last Sunday.

Matthew said...

I like when winter comes along and you find cash in your coat from the year before.

After the kid handed me the $5 I imagined some Hispanic soccer announcer screaming "goooooooooooooooooooooooool!"

Once while on my walk to work at the Leon County Public Library I found $20 on the sidewalk and less than a minute later was hit by a car.