Thursday, August 28, 2008

Supply-side


Since all of my t-shirts have pit stains the size of Wyoming, I made up my mind to trek the great distance to the Alexis Nihon shopping center, two blocks away, to procure some new t-shirts, so fresh and so clean clean. I had thought this would be an easy task, but I was mistaken—it seems that clothing stores go way way out of their way to make their customers look like the biggest assholes possible. What I wanted to buy were plain, sized small, colored t-shirts. What I found were mountains of quintuple-X wearable Reebok billboards. I'm in favor of supply-side clothing regulations. Better yet, people need uniforms.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Go to a craft store. Something like Michael's or Hobby Lobby. They have t-shirts for 2 to 3 bucks each. Plain t-shirts, no writing, lots of colors and sizes.

Matthew said...

I ended up buying a few shirts that, though they have labels, are not too completely obnoxious. They were on ultrasuperm├ęgaplus sale. I would have gone to a thrift store, but the thrift stores here are always a big disappointment.

Welcome back to North America!