Sunday, July 12, 2009

Consumption junction

What I'm reading:
Henri Lefebvre, Critique de la vie quotidienne I, II et III
Michael Sheringham, Everyday Life: Theories and Practices from Surrealism to the Present
Charles Baudelaire, Le peintre de la vie moderne
Peter Osborne, The Politics of Time: Modernity and Avant-Garde [Thanks to ads without products for pointing this out.]

What I'm watching:
Zhang Ke Jia, Shijie aka 'The World'
Steven Soderburgh, The Girlfriend Experience
Cédric Klapisch, Paris
Jean-Luc Godard, 2 ou 3 choses que je sais d'elle

What I'm listening to:
Magnetic Fields, 69 Love Songs
Joseph Haydn, The Creation

What's for dinner?
Sicilian tuna and basil pizza
Bordeaux, Haut Médoc, Château Ramage la Batisse, 2001, Cru Bourgeois
Camel « jaune » cigarettes

What I'm wearing:
My new suit (looks like this)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so bourgeois.

Matthew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matthew said...

I also do not like those who consider everything good and this world the best. Such men I call the omni-satisfied. Omni-satisfaction, which knows how to taste everything, that is not the best taste. I honor the recalcitrant choosy tongues and stomachs, which have learned to say “I” and “yes” and “no.”
- Zarathustra