Friday, August 03, 2007

Sweat till you bleed

I knew that if I just waited long enough, Canada would deliver. And deliver it has! It's finally hot! Last night the weather didn't cool off as much as it usually does, so we are facing a hot day in our non-airconditioned apartment. It's certainly not nearly as bad as in our non-airconditioned house back in KC where we faced a kind of oppressive heat I hesitate to wish upon even my worst enemies.

Luckily for me, and now for you, I have some tricks up my sleeve for finding comfort in an overly warm apartment. I wrote an article about it over at the green site a while back. Give it a read and try out the techniques if you too are feeling the heat at home. Remember that it takes time for your body to adjust to the heat, especially if you work in a cold building all day. So be patient. You may want to eat ice cream or drink cold beer while your body adjusts!

No comments: